This scheme is closed for new applications.
A grant for businesses with an outdoor hospitality offer. They must operate in the hospitality, accommodation, leisure or entertainment sectors.
To apply a business must meet all the following:
- can evidence it is in occupation and trading from commercial premises
- be majority business to consumer trade
- have an Outdoor Hospitality Offer either existing or planned
The business must have incurred costs associated with adapting their business to increase capacity for outdoor hospitality after 22 February 2021.
The business must be planning to incur costs associated with adapting their business to increase capacity for outdoor hospitality. This spend must be completed by 21 June 2021.
Businesses who operate in one or more of these sectors
- tables / chairs
- decking / parklets / platforms
- payment terminals
- lighting / sound / pa equipment
- bar areas
- barriers / tap rails
- hire of the above equipment
- costs associated with installation of the above (invoice description must include work undertaken)
- licences / permits required by law
- legal fees
- wage costs
- iPads / technology for service
- items required for service eg glasses / plates / cutlery
- costs that cannot be evidenced and that are not directly associated with trading outside
The following businesses are not eligible to apply:
- business not operating in the HALE sector
- business to business trading
- businesses in administration, insolvent, or subject to striking off notice
- An Undertaking in Difficulty (unless you are a micro or small enterprise and not subject to collective insolvency proceedings)
- places of worship
- businesses not capable of trading activity
- businesses considered to have a detrimental impact on the city eg imposition or breach of statutory notice
- national chains
- franchise arrangements unless the outlet is a separately registered and owned business
The requirements of this grant programme:
- are not exhaustive
- may be subject to change in line with changes issued in guidance
What you will get
- one grant per premises up to a maximum of 3 premises
- maximum £3,000 grant per premise
- minimum £1,000 grant per premise
- grant can support 100% of eligible costs up to maximum £3,000
- grant can provide a contribution to a larger invoice / expenditure outlay to a maximum of £20,000 eg a business has spent £15,000 on the installation of a raised deck and shelter so a grant of £3,000 can be provided as a contribution
How we will process your application
- the budget is extremely limited and fixed
- an application is complete when we receive all the evidence we have asked for
- applications will open for a 2 week window
- processing will be on a strict first come first served basis
State Aid statement
The Outdoor Hospitality Grant is funded by the Additional Restrictions Grant. Financial support provided to your company through this scheme is considered Subsidy Allowances (the replacement to previous State Aid schemes as of 4 March 2021).
Sheffield City Council are awarding this grant under the COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance and by submitting this application you are electing to use this scheme.
Under the scheme rules your company may receive £1,600,000. This allowance includes any grants you may have received under the COVID-19 Business Grant schemes and any other aid State Aid under European Commissions Temporary Framework for COVID-19 business support.
The rules are fully explained in the Government Subsidy Allowance guidance. We will send you a letter to confirm this once you receive payment.