A grant for Sheffield businesses with a business rates account, forced to close under tier-3 restrictions or national lockdown. Businesses should apply even if they are in receipt of business rates relief.
National Lockdown 6 Jan 2021 onwards
- Dont apply if you have applied and received a lockdown grant anytime after 14 October 2020. We will continue to pay you all new entitlements
- New applications will be backdated to 14 October 2020 where applicable
To apply, a business must meet all of the following:
- have a business rates account as at 23 October 2020 or 4 January 2021
- was trading as usual before the restrictions
- providing services in person to customers from the premises
- must be one of the following businesses required to close:
Forced to close premises due to any restrictions after 4 November 2020
- non-essential retail (including those offering click and collect)
- personal care
For example, it could also include businesses that operate primarily as an in-person venue, but which have been forced to close those services and now provide a takeaway-only service instead.
Forced to close on 23 October 2020 (under Tier 3 local restrictions)
- pubs, bars and licensed premises (who do not serve substantial meals)
- betting shops
- adult gaming centres
- soft play centres
Business that remain open during national lockdown
You are not eligible for this grant unless you are one of the following businesses:
- accommodation business open by exception
- non-essential retail offering click and collect
- hospitality offering takeaway from premises closed to the public
The following businesses are not eligible to apply:
- if outside the scope of localised or national restrictions as defined by Government
- if they decided to close when not required to under the scope of localised or national restrictions
- if still subject to national closures, eg nightclubs
- businesses that were in administration, or insolvent, or where a striking-off notice has been made at the date of the local lockdown
- businesses considered to have a detrimental impact on the city eg imposition or breach of a statutory notice
The requirements and conditions of this grant programme are not exhaustive and may be subject to change in line with changes in issued guidance
What you will get
A one off Lockdown grant
If successful, we award a single payment of 4 weeks based on the rateable value (RV) of the property.
RV of £15,000 or under:
- grant per 4 weeks: £1334
- grant per 2 weeks: £667
RV of £15,001 to £50,999:
- grant per 4 weeks: £2000
- grant per 2 weeks: £1000
RV of £51,000 or over:
- grant per 4 weeks: £3000
- grant per 2 weeks: £1500
Top up payments
After we’ve paid the lockdown payment, we will assess which other one off top ups you are eligible for.
These will be backdated from when restrictions were introduced. They depend on your RV and business sector.
We’ll pay automatically and confirm with you by email. You do not need to reapply.
Ongoing local restrictions payment
We’ll then pay another payment if you are affected by current local restrictions.
We’ll continue to pay this alongside the fortnightly government review.
You do not need to reapply if government changes Sheffield’s Tier level.
State Aid statement
This grant is considered by Government as a State Aid and will therefore be awarded under the either of the following regimes:
- EU State De-Minimis Regulation or
- the UK Covid-19 Temporary Framework
You will receive a letter from us to confirm this once you receive payment.
How to apply
Complete the online application form.