A grant for businesses that do not have a business rates account, forced to close premises under tier-3 restrictions or national lockdown.
National Lockdown 6 Jan 2021 onwards
- Dont apply if you have applied and received a lockdown grant anytime after 14 October 2020. We will continue to pay you all new entitlements
- New applications will be backdated to 14th October 2020
To apply, a business must meet all of the following:
- does not have a business rates account
- can evidence it was open and trading on 13 October 2020
- must be in occupation and trading from the premises applying for
- was providing services in person to customers from the premises
- must be one of the following eligible businesses who chose or were forced to close:
Forced to close premises to the public due to national lockdown (second or third lockdown)
- entertainment venues
- hospitality venues (including offering takeaway from premises closed to the public)
- leisure and sports facilities
- personal care facilities
- retail (non-essential) (including those offering click and collect)
- community halls offering space for hire
For example, it could also include businesses that operate primarily as an in-person venue, but which have been forced to close those services and provide a takeaway-only service instead. Or non-essential retail that now offer click and collect instead.
Forced to close due to tier 3 local restrictions (on or after 23 Oct or 2nd Dec 2020)
- pubs, bars and licensed premises (who do not serve substantial meals)
- betting shops
- adult gaming centres
- soft play centres
Businesses that remain open during lockdown
You are not eligible unless you are one of the following:
- accommodation business open by exception
- non-essential retail offering click and collect
- hospitality offering takeaway from premises closed to the public
Bed and Breakfast businesses
Do not apply online. We will contact you directly.
The following businesses are not eligible to apply:
- large companies
- national chains
- storage units
- car parks
- empty properties
- residential properties (except B&Bs)
- non rate paying landlords
- places of worship
- supply chain businesses
- businesses who are not forced to close, except accommodation still open by government exception
- businesses not capable of trading activity
- businesses considered to have a detrimental impact on the city eg imposition or breach of a statutory notice
The requirements and conditions of this grant programme are not exhaustive and may be subject to change in line with changes in issued guidance
What you will get
We award one grant payment per property. It includes everything you are entitled to from the start of the restrictions on 14 October 2020 to date.
Your eligibility and amount you receive depends on:
- the business type or sector, as determined by government guidance
- the rent or mortgage value of the property
The document shows governemnt sector classifications.
We’ll confirm how your payment is calculated by email when your payment is approved.
Dont apply again if you have already applied and received a lockdown grant anytime after 14 October 2020. We'll continue to pay you all new entitlements.
Eligible business classifications
How we process your application
An application is complete when we receive the form and all required evidence we have asked for.
State Aid statement
This grant is considered by the Government as a State Aid and will therefore be awarded under the either of the following regimes:
- EU State De-Minimis Regulation or
- the UK Covid-19 Temporary Framework
You will receive a letter from Sheffield City Council to confirm this once you receive payment.
How to apply
Complete the online form.