This scheme is closed for new applications.
A grant for Sheffield business whose main activity is in the supply industry. They must supply hospitality, accommodation, leisure and entertainment sectors with goods or services.
To apply, a business must meet all of the following:
- the business/property must be located in Sheffield (including storage facillities)
- have minimum fixed property costs (rent, mortgage or rateable value - see table below)
- was open and trading on 13 October 2020
- must be in occupation and trading from the premises applying for
- can show a significant loss of trade due to local and national restrictions
- can show the majority of their business activity is supplying to the eligible sectors:
Examples of eligible business types
Here are some examples of eligible business types who supply the HALE (hospitality, accommodation, leisure and entertainment) sectors.
This list is not exhaustive, and is a guide only.
- amusement arcades service providers
- booking agents
- bouncy castles/inflatables
- breweries/drinks providers that largely supply the HALE industry (excludes sales for retail sector)
- cake companies
- catering equipment
- cleaning Companies
- coach hire
- dry cleaners
- entertainment agencies
- event management companies
- fun fair equipment
- group travel organisers
- gym equipment
- laundry/linen companies
- outdoor pursuits companies
- prepared food providers that largely supply the local HALE sector (excludes sales for retail sector)
- printers (eg wedding invites)
- promotional items
- services to betting shops
- sound and lighting
- sport/Leisure items (eg Trophies)
- sporting equipment
- stewarding/event security
- ticketing companies
- toilet hire
- tour guides
- tour operators
- travel agents
- venue security
- venues for events
- wedding & xmas dressing companies
- wedding cars
The following businesses are not eligible to apply:
- business that have received a lockdown grant relating to restrictions from 13 October 2020
- businesses who have been forced to close due to local or national restrictions
- large companies
- national chains
- car parks
- empty properties
- residential properties
- places of worship
- businesses not capable of trading activity - energy substations, car parks.
- business in administration, insolvent or subject to striking off notice
- businesses considered to have a detrimental impact on the city eg imposition or breach of a statutory notice
The requirements and conditions of this grant programme:
- are not exhaustive
- may be subject to change in line with changes in issued guidance
What you will get
We award one grant payment per eligible business property.
The amount you receive for each property applied for depends on the rent / mortgage or rateable value of the property.
If you have a business rates account and pay rent, you must apply using your rateable value.
See the table for the amounts you could get. These figures have been updated. If you have already received a payment you will receive an automatic top up.
|£15,000 or less||£3,736
|£15,001 - £51,000||£5,600
- one application per property
If you have multiple properties
- individual properties with a rent /RV of £2999 or less - you can apply for only one of these properties
- any properties with rent/RV of £3000 or above - you can apply for all of these properties, separately
How we process your application
An application is complete when we receive the form and all required evidence we have asked for.
State Aid statement
This grant is considered by the Government as a State Aid and will therefore be awarded under the either of the following regimes:
- EU State De-Minimis Regulation or
- the UK Covid-19 Temporary Framework
You will receive a letter from Sheffield City Council to confirm this once you receive payment.