This scheme is closed for new applications.
A grant for taxi drivers licenced by us, working up to and including 13 October 2020. To qualify they must live in South Yorkshire or bordering areas.
To apply, a taxi driver must meet all of the following:
- has a valid taxi driver's licence issued by us
- was working as a taxi driver up to and including 13 October 2020
- lives in South Yorkshire or bordering area
The following taxi drivers are not eligible to apply:
- taxi drivers that have a licence issued by another local authority
- taxi drivers that do not live in South Yorkshire or a bordering area
The requirements and conditions of this grant programme:
- are not exhaustive
- may be subject to change in line with changes in issued guidance
What you will get
We will award one grant of £500 per eligible licencee.
If you have already received a taxi grant
Don’t apply again. We will automatically top you up to £1,000.
How we process your application
An application is complete when we receive the form and all required evidence we have asked for.
State Aid statement
This grant is considered by the Government as a State Aid and will therefore be awarded under the either of the following regimes:
- EU State De-Minimis Regulation or
- the UK Covid-19 Temporary Framework
You will receive a letter from Sheffield City Council to confirm this once you receive payment.