The Sheffield Monitoring Centre services includes the monitoring of Sheffield’s CCTV network, bus lanes, remote CCTV and alarms, lone working system and various radio communications.
The system is designed to provide CCTV coverage of the city centre, Meadowhall, Lower Don Valley, Burngreave, Tinsley, Darnall, Park Hill and traffic management bus lane enforcement.
Key objectives of the CCTV system
- reduce crime and fear of crime
- assist in the detection of crime and the apprehension of offenders
- provide images which are admissible in a court of law for evidential purposes
- reduce environmental damage
- integrate with other crime prevention and community projects to enhance the effectiveness of both
- provide an effective means on summoning emergency assistance for crime related or other public safety matters
- aid with traffic management (structural integrity or bus lane enforcement)
We reserve the right to request a photo, or vehicle ownership details, prior to disclosure of footage.
Dependent on the nature of the footage held, we may provide an opportunity to view the footage at one of our premises rather than the supply of a copy of the footage in a permanent form.
Complaint about the operation of the CCTV system or code of practice compliance.
To complain about the operation of the system or you feel that we have not complied with the CCTV code of practice, please email email@example.com.
Human Rights Act 1998
The Human Rights Act 1998 requires us, and any organisations working on our behalf, to have respect for the private and family life of its residents. However, in certain cases it may be necessary for us to take action in ways that could interfere with an individual’s rights.
All images saved by ourselves remain the copyright of Sheffield City Council. Any footage provided is for reference only and should not be placed on any social media, website, or any other medium of publication.
There may be legal reasons why we cannot disclose CCTV footage to you. For example, where third parties may be identified from the footage.