Child sexual exploitation can happen to anyone. It’s a form of sexual abuse that involves the manipulation and coercion of young people under the age of 18 into sexual activity, in exchange for things such as money, gifts, accommodation, affection or status. It is never the young person’s fault and there is help available.
Is this you or someone you know
- you are under 18
- you are friends with older adults
- you have an older boyfriend or girlfriend
- you stay out late and even all night
- you don’t stay in with your family and friends your own age very much
- you don’t go to school
- you have tried drugs and alcohol
- you chat to people online who you have never met
- you are sending or receiving inappropriate images
- sometimes people don’t know where you are
Help is available
Need to Talk? contact Childline:
If you have safeguarding concerns ring the Sheffield Safeguarding Hub on
0114 273 4855.
If you believe a child is being harmed call the Police via 999.