If you’d like training on adult safeguarding to help you identify and support people who may be at risk of abuse, we regularly run a range of courses. Most of our courses are free.
- Introduction to safeguarding - For all staff and volunteers who work with adults
- Refresher course - For anyone who's completed safeguarding adults awareness training in the last 2 years
- Assessing capacity and best interest decisions for assessors
- Undertaking section 42 enquiries - For Sheffield City Council and Health and Social Care staff
- Conducting effective enquiries - For agencies who've been asked to undertake a section 42 enquiry
- Self-neglect risk management - For anyone who works with adults at risk
- Safeguarding managers - For Safeguarding Managers in Adult Social Care, Health or Sheffield Health and Social Care
- Training for trainers (Accredited) - For workers with an interest in, or responsibility for training
- Working with difficult to engage families - For social workers, health professionals and Sheffield Health and Social Care staff
We also run a series of free workshops for all staff and volunteers who work with vulnerable adults:
- Safeguarding Adults Processes prior to Case Conference
- Mental Capacity Act / Deprivation of Liberty
- Conducting Effective investigations
- Vulnerable Adults Risk Management Model (VARMM)
- Effective Report Writing
- Working with Difficult to Engage Families
Contact the Safeguarding Adults Office for dates of workshops.
To book onto a course
Download and fill in the form in 'supporting documents' to book places on our training and workshops.