Travel passes for children & young people

Travel South Yorkshire can help you plan your journey to school and find out about the range of travel passes for children and young people including:

  • 11-16 mega travel pass
  • 16-18 student pass
  • zero fare pass

School Crossing Patrols

School Crossing Patrols (Wardens) help children and adults to cross roads easily and safely to and from school. We welcome your comments about this service.

Apply for a job as a Warden

It takes special qualities to step out and stop traffic, at the same time keeping the attention of the children until they have crossed safely.

Our Wardens are dedicated valued members of their community, who represent one of the friendliest faces in public service.

There are a number of vacant sites throughout Sheffield. We place adverts in schools, send letters to parents and also use vacancy advertising boards. If you would like to apply for a job as a Warden, or would like more information please contact us.

There is no age limit on who can apply. We also welcome applicants wanting to job-share.

Our School Crossing Supervisors

  • arrange the installation of appropriate road signs and flashing lights
  • ensure the recruitment of, and providing training to School Crossing Wardens
  • provide clothing and fully approved uniform for School Crossing Wardens
  • provide support and advice on issues relating to School Crossing Wardens and road safety
  • raise public awareness of vacant sites and promoting recruitment opportunities

School Crossing Supervisor

5th Floor
Howden House
1 Union Street

S1 2SH