How your library can help you find a job
Find out about helpful resources on our free Jobseekers’ leaflet which you can download here or pick up in your local library.
Basic computer help
We run basic computer classes in the Central Library and some of our Hub Libraries.
Teach yourself books
Research tools from the eLibrary (all you need is your library card number):
- planning your career in a week
- run your own business
- succeeding at interviews in a week
- successful business communication in a week
- successful job hunting in a week
- successful people management in a week
- successful pitching in a week
- successful public speaking in a week
We have a variety of magazines available within Information Services in the Central Library.
Many of the specialist magazines include recruitment sections. You can also access the magazine websites either at home or using our People’s Network Computers throughout our libraries.
Job supplements in newspapers
- Monday Media Section covers: Creative, Media, Sales, Marketing
- Tuesday Education Section covers: Teaching, Higher and Further Education, School Management
- Wednesday Society Section covers: social services, social care, public appointments
- Thursday Technology Section covers ICT
- SaturdayWork Section covers graduate jobs all areas
Yorkshire Post, Daily Telegraph and Sheffield Star
Job section on a Thursday.
Covers regional recruitment in a wide area from Leeds down to Mansfield.