Take our childcare survey
We want to understand how the covid pandemic has affected supply and demand for childcare. Tell us your experiences of childcare during the pandemic and we will use your feedback to work with providers and schools when planning childcare in Sheffield.
We want all parents of children up to the age of 16 to tell us their views. The survey takes 10 minutes to complete.
Sheffield’s Family Centres and Early Years Services are committed to enabling and supporting expectant parents, babies, children and their families to have a great start in life by providing services as early as possible.
You can attend any event at any family centre.
There are 7 centres which, together with their outreach sites, cover all areas of Sheffield:
- Early Days Family Centre
- First Start Family Centre
- Darnall Family Centre
- Shortbrook Family Centre
- Valley Park Family Centre
- Sharrow Family Centre
- Primrose Family Centre
There are a range of free regular activities delivered by Sheffield Family Centres. What's on varies according to the needs of the local community but typically you can come to.
- breastfeeding groups and drop ins - come along for support, information and advice around all aspects of breastfeeding. Also a great place to meet other new parents and their babies
- baby groups - a fun and relaxing environment where you can explore and learn together with your baby
- toddler groups - a fun and exciting environment for children and their families to learn explore and develop new skills together
These activities are a great way to meet other parents and families and enjoy spending time with your child.
As well as our regular activities we also offer a range of workshops or advice sessions which have a specific focus on supporting different aspects of family life and child development.