Autumn Term 2020
If you want to use your 2, 3 and 4 year old Free Early Learning or the extended 30 hours in the autumn term you should:
- 1. choose your FEL provider
- 2. discuss with them what your likely requirements are and see if they can offer you this
- 3. complete a signed Parental Agreement with the hours you plan to attend before 1 September
- 4. if you intend to use more than one childcare provider, make sure you discuss any alternative arrangements with them if this is not possible. These should also be recorded on your parental agreement
If you do not have these alternative arrangements in place you need to give 4 weeks notice at the provider you choose not to use. You may have to pay for some of your childcare.
Every provider has a limited number of places and many allocate them on a first come first served basis. Contact us if you have any questions.
Funded Early Learning (FEL) is Government funded childcare for all 3 and 4 year olds, and eligible 2 year olds. This can be up to 30 hours a week for some children.
Through play activities children benefit by:
- learning language
- developing physical and social skills
- preparing them for the routine of going to school
Children who use a FEL place show greater levels of achievement in their school years. It also helps parents and carers access employment and training.