Streets Ahead works will consist of some (or all) of the following, depending on what is required for your street:
- replacing street light columns and lamps
- replacing road-side trees (where existing trees are over mature or diseased)
- maintaining road drains (gullies)
- upgrading the surface water drainage system
- replacing broken and misaligned kerbs
- resurfacing roads and pavements
Streets Ahead works will only be carried out on adopted roads. Private (not adopted) roads are not included.
Those of you directly affected by the Streets Ahead works will receive a letter advising you of the work arrangements before we start any work on your road.
After we’ve completed work on your street it is unlikely that we'll need to return to do any major work for years to come.