If you spot a flooded road or blocked drain please report it to us.
It's normal for standing water to be visible in the drain and on its own this does not indicate a blockage.
How we prioritise fixing blocked drains
We prioritise issues based on the following:
- type of blockage
- frequency of flooding
- type of road and amount of traffic
Flooding across a busy road takes priority over a residential street as it's likely to cause more disruption and danger to motorists and pedestrians.
Sewers and burst water mains
Contact your local water company to fix:
- blocked sewers
- burst water mains
Call the Environment Agency to report:
- a blockage, for example a fallen tree
- collapsed or badly damaged river or canal banks
- unusual changes in river flow
- flooding from a main river
Call us on 0114 273 4567 to report flooding from other rivers, brooks or streams.