This is a partnership between Sheffield City Council, the NHS and a range of partners in the city that aims to deliver a single approach to improving the health & wellbeing of Sheffield residents.
Reflecting its status as a genuine partnership, chairing meetings is shared between the Council and the Clinical Commissioning Group (the organisations responsible for commissioning NHS services in Sheffield).
Board responsibility and board members
The Board is responsible for agreeing and publishing a Joint Strategic Needs Assessment. This looks at the health of Sheffield's population and includes a Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment to aid commissioning of pharmacy services and a Joint Health & Wellbeing Strategy, setting out how the Board aims to improve the health & wellbeing of Sheffield residents.
- Cllr George Lindars-Hammond (Joint Chair), Cabinet Member for Health & Social Care, Sheffield City Council
- Tim Moorhead (Joint Chair), Chair of Sheffield NHS CCG, Clinical Commissioning Group Committee
- Stuart Barton, Chief Superintendent, South Yorkshire Police
- Dr Nikki Bates, GP, Sheffield CCG
- Jayne Brown, Trust Chair, Sheffield Health & Social Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Nicki Doherty, Director of Delivery– Care Out of Hospital, Sheffield CCG
- Maddy Desforges, Chief Executive, Voluntary Action Sheffield
- Cllr Jackie Drayton, Cabinet Member for Children, Young People & Families, Sheffield City Council
- Greg Fell, Director of Public Health, Sheffield City Council
- Jane Ginniver, Deputy Director of Development, Accountable Care Partnership
- Sarah Storey, Interim Director of Adult Services, Sheffield City Council
- Dr David Hughes, Medical Director, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS FT
- Alison Knowles, Locality Director, NHS England
- Dr Zak McMurray, GP, Sheffield CCG
- John Macilwraith, Executive Director of Children, Young People & Families, Sheffield City Council
- Laraine Manley, Executive Director of Place, Sheffield City Council
- Clare Mappin, Managing Director, The Burton Street Foundation
- Professor Alison Metcalfe, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Health & Wellbeing, Sheffield Hallam University
- John Mothersole, Chief Executive, Sheffield City Council
- Prof Chris Newman, Professor of Clinical Cardiology and Honorary Consultant Cardiologist, University of Sheffield
- Judy Robinson, Chair, Sheffield Healthwatch
- Lesley Smith, Accountable Officer, NHS Sheffield CCG
- Cllr Paul Wood, Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods and Community Safety, Sheffield City Council
The Board has 4 formal public meetings a year, which members of the public can attend and ask questions.
The Board also has a number of Strategy Development sessions throughout the year which are open for members of the public to observe.
The Board has just published an updated Joint Health & Wellbeing Strategy for Sheffield covering the period 2019-24.