The City Regeneration Division is part of Creative Sheffield. We provide a single client focus for the funding, planning, design, programming and delivery of major physical economic regeneration schemes within the city.
We played a key role in developing and promoting the flagship projects, such as Heart of the City, The Moor and Castlegate, which have changed the image of the city in the last decade, as well as major infrastructure such as Lower Don Valley Flood Defence Scheme.
The City Regeneration Division consists of 3 teams:
We are focussed on the regeneration of the City Centre and Upper and Lower Don Valley. We provide a comprehensive approach to regeneration, generating ideas about sites or sub-areas, developing Action Plans and Regeneration Strategies, agreeing with planners and other technical experts.
Working with our partners, we have produced successive City Centre Master Plans.
We take the lead as client on most physical projects in the City Centre and Don Valley and work closely with Transport Planning and South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive on all major transport initiatives in the City Centre.
Other major regeneration projects include:
- City Centre Breathing Spaces
- Grey to Green
- Knowledge Gateway, including Sheffield Hallam University
- Riverside Business District
- Sheffield Retail Quarter
- St Vincent’s Quarter
- The Moor Regeneration
- University of Sheffield Campus Enhancements
- West Bar
We also discuss major projects within the South Yorkshire Technology Corridor, with neighbouring Councils.
We are also involved with the regeneration of the Upper and Lower Don Valley.
The Upper and Lower Don Valley are key employment locations and increasingly important for new housing sites. Key projects promoted by Creative Sheffield include:
- new Waste Water Treatment Works for Stocksbridge
- Claywheels Lane Sustainable Industrial Park
- Parkwood Springs Leisure and Business Park
- Upper Don Flood Defence
- Lower Don Valley Flood Defence
- Attercliffe Growth Zone
- Sheffield – Rotherham Innovation
For further information on the team, please contact Yunus Ahmed, our Development Team Manager.
Our Partnership Team provides advice on property and funding issues related to regeneration projects in the City, working closely with:
- Development Team
- Housing and Neighbourhood Regeneration Team
- regeneration agencies
- Sheffield City Region
- specialist consultants
- Transport, Traffic and Parking Services
We also advise our Chief Executive on Key Flagship projects. This advice relates to:
- accessing external funding for projects
- commercial view on development proposals
- land acquisitions
- property contracts
Neil Jones is the Programmes and Partnership Team Manager. He has responsibility for:
- Central Business District
- Cultural Industries Quarter
- Heart of the City
- HS2 Station
- Lower Don Valley Riverside Business District
David Ambrose is Principal Development Officer. He has responsibility for:
- Acquisition Programme for the Sheffield Retail Quarter
- Stocksbridge Regeneration
- use of Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) process for regeneration projects