- a proposal is likely to have an adverse impact on existing occupants of nearby buildings;
- a development is a noise sensitive use;
- a proposal is close to existing sources of noise.
Noise can be generated by a number of different sources which include:
- traffic (road, rail and/or tram)
- industrial and commercial activities
- deliveries to and collections from premises noise associated with the night-time economy such as entertainment sound, noise from people outside venues or accessing hot food takeaways and people in the street in the late evening
The requirement for a noise survey should be agreed with the planning case officer and the Environmental Protection Service (at the pre-application stage), and be prepared by a suitably qualified acoustician, to an agreed method statement.