Christmas and New Year's opening hours 2019
Christmas opening hours are:
- Tuesday 24 December - 8am to 5pm
- Wednsday 25 December - Closed
- Thursday 26 December - 8am to 6pm
- Friday 27 December - 8am to 6pm
- Saturday 28 December - 8am to 6pm
- Sunday 29 December - 8am to 6pm
- Monday 30 December - 8am to 6pm
- Tuesday 31 December - 8am to 5pm
- Wednesday 1 January - 8am to 6pm
- Thursday 2 January - normal opening times resume
One of the largest temperate glasshouses to be built in the UK during the last hundred years has created a stunning green world in the heart of the city.
Next to the Peace Gardens and the Millennium Galleries, the Winter Garden provides visitors with a unique experience in the city centre.
There are more than 2,500 plants from around the world creating a superb display. The building itself is 70 metres long and 22 metres high (large enough to house 5,000 domestic greenhouses!).
The Winter Garden also provides a home for several retail units and offers a welcome stop for coffee and light refreshments. Access is available to the Millennium Galleries where, in the Gallery Cafe, a wide range of refreshments and facilities are available.
- Monday to Saturday: 8am to 8pm
- Sunday: 8am to 6pm
- Closed: Christmas Day
On occasion the Winter Garden is closed for private events from 6pm. To avoid disappointment, please call in advance to check.
Admission is free.
Visiting the Winter Garden
You can get to the Winter Garden by public transport, bicycle, car or on foot.