We have a range of rooms across our libraries that you can hire for a variety of uses, including the Carpenter Room in Sheffield's Central Library.
Room prices vary depending on the type of room, what time and for how long you would like to use it. The price will also depend on what you're using the room for, whether it's a personal, social, community, non-profit or commercial purpose.
Rooms are available during and outside of normal library opening times - just let us know when you want the room and we'll tell you if we can do it.
Pricing is as follows:
- Hiring a room: free to £20 per session
- Whole library: £50 to £85 per session
- Small space (a table in the library): free to £5 per session
Hire a room
To hire a room, you'll need to contact the library to find out how much it'll cost and what time the room you want is available.
Get in touch with a library to book a room:
- Chapeltown - email@example.com or call 0114 203 7000/1
- Crystal Peaks - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 293 0612
- Darnall - email@example.com or call 0114 203 7429
- Ecclesall - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 203 7222
- Firth Park - email@example.com or call 0114 203 7433/4
- Manor - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 203 7805
- Stocksbridge - email@example.com or call 0114 273 4205
Some libraries don't have rooms to hire but you can hire the whole library itself:
- Highfield - Highfield.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 203 7204
- Hillsborough - Hillsborough.email@example.com or call 0114 203 9529
- Woodseats - Woodseats.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 293 0411
These libraries are administered directly by Sheffield City Council. If your local library isn't listed it's because it is a volunteer run library. If you'd like to book a room with one of them you can visit the volunteer run library site to find out more.
The Carpenter Room
If you're looking for a room for a special occassion, our Grade II listed building with its beautiful Art Deco features is located in the heart of Sheffield City Centre. The Carpenter Room is named after socialist pioneer, Edward Carpenter (1844 to 1929). Carpenter had a lifelong connection with Sheffield, and his personal archive and library were donated to us in the 1930s. To this day, scholars travel from all over the world to consult the Edward Carpenter archive at Sheffield Archives.
To hire the Carpenter Room contact us on email@example.com or call 0114 203 7806 to find out prices and availability.
If you need equipment for your room, the items below are available to hire (if they're available):
- laptop - £5 per session
- projector - £5 per session
- flipchart and marker pens - £2.50 per session
- OHP - £2.50 per session