Sheffield has a rich variety of wonderful parks, woodlands and green spaces that contribute to our reputation as an Outdoor City.
We have embarked on an ambitious programme in the Parks and Countryside Service called Better Parks. The aim is to encourage businesses, charities and community groups to submit ideas which will improve local parks, complement existing facilities and generate an income for the Parks Service to be reinvested back into our green spaces.
We are inviting creative, civic minded entrepreneurs and businesses to share ideas with us. The challenge is to enhance people’s enjoyment of parks, woodlands and green spaces, while preserving what makes these places so special.
There is plenty of scope for innovation and an opportunity to bring something new to existing green spaces. We are considering everything from catering, health and wellbeing, leisure activities to one-off events – any initiative that adds positive social and economic outcomes, whilst delivering a better service for Sheffield’s Parks, Woodlands and Green Spaces.
Key responsibilities will be to support the development of commercial business partnerships and improvement projects to secure additional income from a range of commercial activities in support of the objectives of the Parks & Countryside Service.
We are looking for someone who can deliver a dedicated marketing and promotion function to the service, including:
- Providing support on engagement and advice regarding business and commercial arrangements
- Pro-actively targeting potential businesses promoting opportunities for activities within parks such as fitness classes, boot camps, filming locations and other similar potential ventures
- Preparation of marketing and advertising materials
- Organising placement of advertisements and social media releases
- Designing and processing mail outs
- Collating and managing client data
- Receiving tenders/expressions of interest and recording information accordingly
- Support procurement and tender processes and other arrangements for transactional and operational elements of the Better Parks Project
- Assisting with the development and delivery of communication plans for the service
- Administrating input to social media accounts in liaison with Service and Communications team
- Supporting team members in organising press calls, media briefings, Councillor briefings, promotional events and launches
Join us and you will receive a generous rewards package including flexible working, membership of the Local Government Pension scheme and a generous annual leave allowance. In addition you will be working in a supportive environment where you will have the chance to make Sheffield a better place and contribute to its future.
We are committed to fairness and social justice and welcome applications from everyone. We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.