We have vacancies for permanent, temporary and relief School Crossing Wardens to help children cross the road on their way to and from school.
You must be able to work mornings and afternoons during school term time and be able to communicate well with both children and adults.
You will be working outdoors in all weathers and must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Full training and a uniform is provided.
Please note the salary is pro rata and you will only be paid for hours worked.
Please see below for locations and hours available:
- Oasis Don Valley Academy – Worksop Road/School Gates from 8:30am to 8:55am and 3:10pm to 3:35pm
- Malin Bridge Primary School – Dykes Lane/School entrance from 8:20am to 8:55am and from 3:15pm to 3:40pm
- Athelstan Primary - Richmond Park Road from 8:10am to 8:45am and from 2:55pm to 3:30pm
- Mundella Primary – Derbyshire Lane/Mundella Place from 8:30am to 8:55am and from 3:10pm to 3:35pm
- Southey Green Primary School – Southey Green Road/Crowder Avenue from 8:10am to 8:55am and from 3:10pm to 3:35pm
- Oasis Academy Fir Vale - Page Hall Road/Hinde House Lane from 8:25am to 8:55am and from 3:15pm to 3:45pm
- Bankwood Primary – Bankwood Road/Blackstock Road from 8:15am to 8:55am and from 3:10pm to 3:35pm
- Beck Primary – Bellhouse Road/Beck Road from 8:25am to 8:55am and from 2:55pm to 3:20pm
- Meynell Primary School - Wordsworth Avenue/Southey Hill from 8:20am to 8:50am and from 3:05pm to 3:35pm
- Hinde House Primary – Wincobank Avenue/Bracken Road from 8:20am to 8:55am and from 3:10pm to 3:35pm
- Relief Posts – Relief Cover/Hours will vary
- Gleadless Primary – Hollinsend Road/Ridgehill Avenue/Zebra – 8:25 – 8:50 & 15:05 – 15:30
- Ecclesfield Primary – High St/ Sycamore Road – 8:20 – 8:50 & 14:50 – 15:15
- Parson Cross Primary – Halifax Road/Parson/Cross Road/Pelican – 8:20 – 8:55 & 15:15 – 15:40
- Oasis Watermead Academy/Pathways E-act Academy - Moonshine Lane Southey Crescent – 8:20 - 8:55 & 15:20 -15:45
List updated 05/08/2019
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service form in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 and the Police Act Regulations.
We are committed to fairness and social justice and welcome applications from everyone. We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. Under the Two Ticks Scheme, disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria of this job are guaranteed an interview.