Ofsted says Children’s Services in Sheffield are good.
- Our social workers are child focused, skilled, confident and good social work is nurtured and celebrated
- Our staff benefit from regular supervision and they like working for Sheffield City Council
- We have a strong commitment and willingness to invest in our workforce
We are recruiting newly qualified and experienced social workers to join us. We have an exceptional ASYE offer in addition to a specific newly qualified social work training pathway. Our ASYE offer includes one to one support from a social work consultant, support from a line manager, study days, networking sessions, master classes provided by social work experts and a phased protected low caseload during the 12 month ASYE programme.
Here in Sheffield, our social workers are incredible people and we have an offer that makes a tough but highly rewarding job that little bit easier:-
- A genuinely supportive team
- Senior leaders who are child-focused with a strong commitment to invest in the workforce
- High quality reflective monthly supervisions from experienced managers
- Comprehensive training and development offer with plenty of opportunities for career progression
- Generous flexible working packages and necessary time to enjoy your home life Innovative practice resulting in better outcomes for children and young people
- Sheffield is a great city – It is diverse with a wide range of cultural, social and outdoor activities, good schools and has excellent transport links
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates are to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Full-time employees work 37 hours for 52 weeks of the year and we offer a generous holiday entitlement. We are open to discussions about a wide range of flexible working opportunities, which benefit you and the Council.
We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. We welcome applications from everyone. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
We welcome applications from those who left the children and families social work profession some time ago. If you would like to return to social work, we will support you to regain your SWE registration. Please let us know on your personal statement.
Shortlisting every 2 weeks