Social workers are incredible people – committed to a highly challenging career to help the most vulnerable amongst us. Our ambition is to support children and young people to be safe and supported to reach their full potential. To do this we have created new positions for Senior Social Workers to join our Field Work Teams.
Here in Sheffield, we have an offer that makes a tough but highly rewarding job that little bit easier:
- A genuinely supportive team – a nurturing manager and compassionate and supportive colleagues
- Be empowered to do a great job - excellent managers, who closely support you with high quality reflective supervision
- Fantastic learning and development package with mentoring and plenty of opportunities for career progression
- Generous flexible working packages to ensure that you can work in a flexible environment and get the necessary time to enjoy your home life
- Join a team that seeks out innovative practice to do the right things, making your job easier and results in better outcomes for children and young people
- Sheffield is a great city – It is diverse with a wide range of cultural, social, and outdoor activities, good schools and has excellent transport links
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us in Sheffield, where you will be using relationship-based practice and the signs of safety framework to deliver an excellent social work service to children, young people and their families.
You'll need to be an experienced qualified social work practitioner with at least 2 years post qualification experience. We welcome applications from those who left the children and families social work profession some time ago. If you would like to return to social work, we will support you to regain your SWE registration and provide a comprehensive development package and progression route to Senior Social Worker. Please let us know on your personal statement if this is of interest.
We offer a generous holiday entitlement and benefits package click here for more details. The benefits package really adds up – see how much they are worth with our benefits calculator tool
Sheffield is truly child centred at every level and we think it is a great place to work but don’t take just our word for it, we asked our Young People what they think is important in a Social Worker and they produced this poem called ‘My Social Worker’.
We are committed to fairness and social justice and welcome applications from everyone. We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Please visit :https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/campaigns/social-worker-recruitment-opportunities to find out more about Sheffield.
Shortlisting every 2 weeks.