Sheffield has a rich variety of wonderful parks and green spaces that contribute to our reputation as an Outdoor City. The Parks and Countryside Service Projects Team work across the city to improve and sustain these green spaces.
We have been awarded Public Health funding to deliver improvements to parks and green spaces that will help increase health and wealth being outcomes for people in areas of Sheffield with health inequalities.
We have embarked on an ambitious programme of green space improvements which are already having a very real impact on both the quality and the health and wellbeing value of our parks and green spaces and we are recruiting a new team member to support us with this work. Key responsibilities will include consulting and engaging with local communities and managing data relating to consultation and evaluation.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Make a positive contribution to Sheffield’s great outdoor spaces
- Be a great communicator who can engage with stakeholders and wider partners to optimise project benefits
- Demonstrate diverse experience of planning and delivering community consultation and engagement activities
- Utilise a range of media, including digital, to engage, communicate and promote the Parks and Countryside Service projects and associated consultation activities to communities
- Co-ordinate GDPR compliant systems for collecting, collating, evaluating and presenting consultation and monitoring data that will inform the development on improvement proposals and evaluate the benefits of these improvements
Please contact Kate Clark for further enquiries on 07528 636807
We are committed to fairness and social justice and welcome applications from everyone. We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.