In Sheffield we believe all children have the right to live in a family environment. Fostering with Aspire is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference to a young person’s life. Project Aspire offers a flexible response to supporting young people who are currently living in a residential children’s setting, or who are complex individuals on the edge of requiring residential services.
Fostering for Aspire you will be working with young people who have experienced significant difficulties in their childhood so far. Some may have faced challenges which result in them displaying difficult and risky behaviour. Aspire Foster Carers work as part of a multi-agency hub team that wraps support around the young person
As an Aspire Foster Carer you will work shifts in the hub, building relationships and developing links with young people with a view to becoming their Foster Carer and them living in your home.
Aspire is looking for individuals with experience of working with young people. Passion, dedication and resilience are essential. Want to know more we love to hear from you if you:-
- Have experience of working with young people who display risky and difficult behaviour
- Are flexible and resilient
- Are motivated to help young people transform their lives
- Are willing to work as part of a multi-agency team
- Are over 21 and have a spare room
In return you will receive:-
- A weekly payment of up to £600 (whilst young people are in your care)
- Additional payment for shifts in the hub
- The support and guidance available 24/7 from the dedicated Aspire staff team
- Guidance and support from a qualified psychologist who will work responsively with the team around the young person– there is no waiting list
- Support from an allocated Supervising Social Worker
- High quality training – giving you the tools to care for the young person safely and appropriately