The Private Rented Solutions Scheme (PRS) supports households to access safe and affordable homes in the private rented sector. It also enables landlords to access prospective tenants currently registered in the Council’s waiting list who are looking for sustainable long term tenancies.
Benefits to you
- free to join – there are no fees for any of the services we provide
- we match your property with our waiting list to identify suitable tenants with no tenant introduction fees
- we market your property free on the Sheffield Property Shop
- we organise and attend all property viewings and manage the whole contracting process for you
- free Deposit Guarantee Scheme
- free support for you and the tenant throughout the tenancy
- you retain full management of your property and make the final decision on offering any tenancy
- dedicated account manager to look after you and your property throughout the tenancy
- there is no commitment to let your property to one of our tenants and you can withdraw your property from the scheme if you find your own tenant first
In demand properties
We are looking for all sizes and types of properties in most areas across the city. Popular areas for our tenants include Arbourthorne, Heeley, Parsons Cross, Hillsborough, Sharrow, Handsworth and Chapeltown.
We are looking for properties with rent charges that are around Local Housing Allowance rates.
How rent is paid
Tenants who use our service are usually in receipt of some benefits, even when working. We work with the tenant to manage their housing claim and, where appropriate, apply on your behalf for alternative payment arrangements at the start of the tenancy.
Download our information pack for more information and get in touch with us if you have any questions.
If you're ready to sign up, download and complete the landlord registration and declaration forms.