Our service promises
Customers helped us develop a set of Service Promises for each area of our work, such as repairs or rents. These spell out what you can expect from us when we provide services and because customers have been heavily involved in developing them, we hope they reflect what is important to you.
Tenants are now working with us to monitor these Service Promises. We have a range of partnership groups across all of our service areas, which you can join if you want to get involved.
Each partnership group receives a twice yearly report on a range of performance and customer satisfaction information against the Promises.
Sheffield City Council is committed to providing excellent homes and housing services. We work closely with customers to constantly improve the way we work. We monitor our performance, in a range of different ways. This could be through customer surveys or by using information about the enquiries we handle.
Customers can find out how we are doing in our customer magazine InTouch.
Customer satisfaction surveys
We regularly carry out customer satisfaction surveys to find out what you think about the services we provide. We value your opinions and use the findings to identify what we are doing well and where improvements can be made to our services.
Viewpoint, a community enterprise organisation, carries out our surveys. They telephone 300 customers a month who have been picked at random and ask them to rate services on a scale from 1 to 10.
Customer feedback from surveys
- they always get repairs done and if you have any problems, they always try to help
- I feel that if you tell Sheffield Housing your problems, they bend over backwards to help you. I give them 11 out of 10
- I am particularly happy with the handyperson service - they are always very nice and chatty
- I have found Sheffield Council Housing very helpful when I've needed them
- every time I phone up for anything, I know they will always deal with my enquiries
- I am visually impaired and can't read so I phone the repairs line. I know they will put me in touch with the right place to find out about the service I need. I am very happy with the quality of my home
- to find out about services, I have no problem going online or reading the literature provided. The rent I pay is excellent value for money
- I am very satisfied with everything - keep up the good work
- I am very satisfied and happy. I am registered blind and cannot complain about anything the council has done for me. I have been very lucky
- I am very satisfied and impressed with how quickly they helped me when I was in a difficult situation
- I am very happy with this accommodation; very lucky to be here
- the staff are very, very friendly and always polite. I am disabled and they seem to be very quick with the repairs
- I emailed a repair to them this morning and they came to do the work this afternoon; fantastic!
- I'm very satisfied. Over the past 10 years we've had a new kitchen, bathroom and heating system, plus a sprinkler system, so I can't say they're not looking after us
- I can’t fault the Council for what they have done for me
- In my personal opinion, I don't think the Housing Service is given enough credit for the amount of work they do for their tenants. My home is lovely and I'm very satisfied overall
- the wardens come round every morning to see if you are okay. They treat you like family (Sheltered Accommodation)
Performance and targets
Our Annual Reports focus on a set of Government standards that we are performing against in all service areas of our business. All landlords must now publish this information every year so customers can see how well we are performing.
The Annual Reports provide an overview of the standards and some examples of how we measure up against them.