Thank you to everyone who took part in our tenant gardening competition this year.
We were very impressed by the standard of entries across all categories and the time and effort people had put into their outdoor spaces. The winners (listed below) received their prizes at a presentation ceremony in Sheffield’s Botanical Gardens.
Schools – Grow Your Own Food:
1st place - Phillimore Community Primary School
2nd place - St Catherine’s Catholic Primary School
3rd place - Shortbrook Primary School
Sheltered Scheme Raised Planter:
1st place - Henry Gillespie, Balfour House, Stocksbridge
2nd place - Carol Ellis, Blackberry Hamlet, Halfway
3rd place - Leila McDonald, Blackwell Court, Hyde Park
Sheltered Scheme Garden:
1st place - Springwater House, Hackenthorpe
2nd place - Ernest Copley House, High Green
3rd place - St Georges Court, Netherthorpe
Best Use of a Small Space:
1st place - Gwendoline Child
2nd place - Patricia Allison
3rd place - Iris Clark
Best All Round Garden:
1st place - Noel Lockley
2nd place - Roza Gorecka
3rd place - Jeanette Holland
Discretionary Award – Best Example of a Community Garden:
We would like to know what people think about our Green Fingers Garden Competition and gather ideas for how it could be improved. We welcome views and comments from all tenants and residents, even if you have never entered the competition. Please take a couple of minutes to complete our short survey.
Sheffield City Council uses your personal contact details to judge your entry in this competition. We process this information as part of our public task. Details of all entrants are stored for two years, after which they will be deleted.
If you are a winner we ask your consent for a press release (including photography) as a condition of your prize. Please see our general privacy notice for your rights and guidance on how to make a complaint.
The rules are:
- entrants must be Sheffield City Council housing tenants
- entry can be for more than one category but an entrant will only go forward to the final in one category (except for Young Gardener of the Year)
- only official entry forms will be accepted
- the judges' decision is final
- winners must take part in publicity, including photography
- no cash alternative is available for prizes
- the competition is not open to employees of Sheffield City Council
- shortlisted entrants will be informed by letter
- criteria and eligibility checks will be carried out