The Environmental Policy is a key element of the Housing and Neighbourhood's Environmental Management System.
lt sets out our commitment to:
- environmental improvement
- pollution prevention
- compliance with our environmental obligations
- continual improvement
The policy is reviewed annually by our Senior Managers to ensure it is still relevant to the services we deliver and our environmental objectives. We have committed to sharing our policy with all our tenants, customers, contractors and stakeholders.
The Housing and Neighbourhood Service has established the scope (or what is included) of its Environmental Management System by considering:
- the external and internal issues that affect it
- its compliance obligations
- its organisational units, functions and physical boundaries
- its activities, products and services
- its ability to exercise control and influence
The scope will be reviewed at least annually and updated as necessary.