Any person who is working on a street trading pitch must wear an identification badge issued by us.
This identification badge must be worn by the person(s) working at all times. Assistants may not commence work until being issued with the appropriate identification badge.
Street trading consent holders must ensure that we are immediately informed of any new assistants that are employed to work.
The consent holder does not need to apply for a badge as they will be issued with one when they get their street trading consent.
Who can apply for a street trading badge
You need to hold a street trading consent and the assistants you are applying for must be at least 17 years old.
Badges need to be renewed
All badges expire at the end of March and you will need to apply to renew them.
- £32 per new or renewed badge
- £22 per replacement badge
What you need to provide with your application
You will need to send us:
- a completed application form and privacy statement
- the application fee or payment reference number
- two passport sized colour photographs (recent and identical) signed and dated on the reverse
- drivers licence
- one other proof of identity showing your name and current address, such as a utility bill or bank statement, that is dated within the last 3 months
- right to work documentation (if applicable)
- details of any food hygiene qualifications (unless trading in non-food items)
- any further information you may wish to submit in support of your application
What happens once you have made an application
Once we receive your application a we will begin a 28 day consultation period with the Police.
If there are no issues we will issue your badge.
If we have any issues with your application or if there are objections, we will refer your application to our licensing committee as soon as possible who will then make a decision. You and any objectors will also be invited to attend.
Tacit consent will not apply
This means that it is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within 28 days you should contact us.
Apply for a street trading badge
Before you apply you should first pay the application fee online and submit your payment reference number with your application.
You can then download and complete the application form and privacy statement and send it and any relevant documents to:
Block C, Staniforth Road Depot
Apply for a replacement badge
You should pay first and then write to us requesting your replacement badge and provide your payment reference number in your letter.
How to make an appeal or a complaint
There is no appeal procedure against the refusal or revocation of a badge.
Members of the public who are experiencing problems with street traders should contact us for advice.