You can hold a naming ceremony for children of any age. You’ll receive a souvenir certificate signed by the Registrar and a gift for your child from ourselves.
Your ceremony can include:
- welcome introduction
- naming of the child
- parents’ promises
- sponsors/guardians’ promises
- grandparents’ promises
- lighting of a candle after promises (optional)
- presentation of a gift by parents (optional)
- signing of presentation certificate
- closing words
Fees apply to the Town Hall ceremony rooms and other venues including your own home:
- Monday to Saturday: £150 + VAT (£180)
- Sunday and Bank Holidays: £170 + VAT (£204)
A non-refundable booking fee of £25 is required to secure a date and time. This is an additional cost not included in the standard fees.