The competition gives Council tenants the chance to share their gardening skills and win prizes. Council tenants in any type of housing can enter.
What we are looking for
There are no specific categories. You might have your own garden, balcony, patio, or window box display; or, if you don’t have access to your own outside space, you could create an indoor garden instead.
You can grow anything you like. It could be a floral display to brighten up your home, a range of wildflowers to attract wildlife, or a selection of fruit and vegetables to feed your family.
Any size garden can be entered. However, we do ask that you adhere to social distancing guidelines by ensuring the garden is only worked on by people in your immediate household.
The judges’ favourite gardens will be awarded Gold, Silver or Bronze status. Prizes will be given in the form of vouchers to the following values:
- Gold - £50
- Silver - £30
- Bronze - £20
How to Enter
To enter the competition you simply need to send us some photographs (no more than 6) of your garden. The photos should be a mix of wide shots (to show us as much of the garden as possible) and close ups of key elements in the garden. You also need to tell us your full name, address and telephone number.
You can enter the competition by completing the online entry form, or by email or post. The closing date for competition entries is 18 July.
- email your entry to email@example.com (we cannot receive emails with attachments larger than 10 megabytes in total, so you may need to send more than one email)
- post - you can download the entry form and post it, along with your photographs, to the following address:
Green Fingers Garden Competition
Estate and Environmental Services
Corporate Mail Facility
If you would like to enter but are not able to take photographs then we may be able to help you with this. Please contact us to discuss this further.
- the closing date for entries is 18 July
- entrants must be Sheffield City Council housing tenants
- criteria and eligibility checks will be carried out. You may not be eligible to enter this competition if you are in breach of the terms of your tenancy agreement
- the competition is not open to employees of Sheffield City Council
- the judges’ decision is final
- no cash alternative is available for prizes
- winners will be asked to take part in publicity; this may include photography and filming