Skip to content

Household Waste Recycling Centres (council tips)

What you can dispose of

Household Waste Recycling Centres (also known as tips and dumpits). Sheffield residents can to dispose of:

  • garden waste
  • furniture, including sofas, beds and mattresses
  • electrical equipment, including fridges, freezers, TVs, light bulbs and batteries

List of all items and what happens to them.

Hire a skip for renovation or construction waste rather than take this to a recycling centre.


Opening times and locations

Opening times and postcodes of recycling centres
Site Locations Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
Beighton Road,
S13 7PS
Open Closed Open Open Open Open Open
Blackstock Road,
S14 1FY
Open Open Closed Open Open Open Open
Manchester Road,
S36 2DT
Open Closed Closed Open Open Open Open
Greaves Lane,
High Green,
S35 4GR
Open Open Closed Closed Open Open Open
Longley Avenue West,
S5 8WA
Open Open Open Open Open Open Open


Opening hours

1st October to 31st March: 10am to 4pm

1st April to 30th September: 10am to 6pm

About each recycling centre.

Map of recycling centres.


Residents - Vehicle Permit Scheme

A vehicle permit scheme is in place to prevent the illegal disposal of trade waste. If you are a resident of Sheffield and you wish to visit a HWRC with a van or a trailer, you will need either a permit or approval for a one-off visit.

Luton box vans, pick ups (excluding 4x4s), long wheel base transit vans and twin axle vehicles are not allowed on site and a permit is not available for vehicles of this type. Residents wishing to visit a HWRC in a car, people carrier or a 4x4 without a pickup, do not need a permit to access a site.

Apply for a permit

If the only vehicle in your household is a van or you wish to bring a trailer on site, you can apply for a permit. You will receive a permit for 12 visits to your nominated site. Each household is entitled to a maximum of 12 visits per year. 

Apply for a permit from Veolia.

Apply for a one-off visit

If your van is not the only form of transport in your household or if you wish to visit a site with a van that is not registered to your address, you can apply for a one-off visit.

One-off visits are provided for those occasions, such as house moves where you have more waste than your can fit in your car. 

Apply for a permit from Veolia and provide your name, address, vehicle details and waste type.


Trade waste

Our recycling centres are for household waste only and cannot accept trade waste.

Trade waste must be disposed of using a licensed facility meeting Duty of care requirements.

Depositing trade waste at a recycling centre is a criminal offence under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and could result in a £50,000 fine and/or two years imprisonment.

About Commercial and Business waste.


Contact us

For more information please contact us.

  • Modified: Dec 11, 2015 3:37:36 PM