Skip to content

Start a new food business

Contact our Business Enterprise Gateway for general advice about how to set up a business, obtaining premises and grants.


Guidance Booklet

If you are starting up a new business it is very important to get things right at the start, because this will make it much easier for you to run your business well in the future. 

Download our 'Starting Up' booklet, it tells you about the main things you need to consider:


Help starting a new food business

Contact us if you have a question about food safety.

Contact a solicitor if you require assistance with the legal process of buying or leasing a property.


Other business licences and permissions

Contact us if you are going to produce or manufacture products of animal origin as you may require an EC approval (dairy, meat or fish products).

Do you need planning permission?

Contact our Environmental Protection Service if mechanical extract ventilation is required to a kitchen or process, as you may need planning permission.

You will need a licence if you:

  • Modified: Feb 18, 2016 9:24:27 AM