Skip to content

Register a food business

Where to register

You should register with us if your food establishment is located in Sheffield.  Mobile units should be registered with us if they are kept in Sheffield overnight.

If the business is not located in Sheffield then you should register with the relevant council.  Find your council.

There is no charge for registration.

It is a criminal offence to operate an unregistered food premises.


Register online

Register online.


Or download the registration form:


Contact us

If you need any assistance in completing the form, or to request:

  • registration form by email
  • postal registration form

Please contact us.


Who must register

  • Food establishments

  • Market stalls

  • Delivery vehicles and other moveable structures

  • Charitable/non-profit organisations

  • Seasonal businesses


When to register

  • 28 days before opening a new business

  • Change of ownership

  • Change of business name or address

  • Change to the nature of the business


Business assessment

Your registration form will be assessed to determine whether your business is high risk or low risk:

  • High risk - caterers, cafes, restaurants, takeaways etc
    Are inspected on a regular basis
  • Low risk - corner shops etc
    May be asked to complete a self-assessment
  • Modified: Sep 6, 2016 3:21:58 PM