Skip to content

Locating a child

For child protection reasons Children, Young People and Families are unable to give details of where a child is at school.

If a parent without access to a pupil therefore wishes to contact them it must be done through a solicitor. The solicitor should write to the Executive Director: Children, Young People and Families: (For the attention of the Attendance & Inclusion Service) requesting information.

Schools will only give details of the whereabouts of a pupil if they are satisfied that the parent has a legal right to access to the child. The school will require satisfactory proof that access is allowed and this will mainly be done through solicitors and the court if necessary.

For further enquiries contact the Attendance and Inclusion Service on 2735701.

  • Modified: Jun 13, 2011 10:26:26 AM