Learning Destinations are the places where children and young people take their Passports to Learning to gain credits for activities.
Add your name to the organisation’s register at each session as well as adding credits to your passport.
Their register tells us that you've taken part.
Without a register, we cannot award you with your credits, even if you have them in your Passport to Learning.
We can only track the credits of Sheffield school pupils (or home-educated children living within a Sheffield ward).
How and when you will receive your passports, credits and certificates.
Here's a list of all Learning Destinations registered with us. We add new organisations to the list all the time.
Many Learning Destinations provide activities in more than one subject. See their website or contact them for more details.
- Ignite Imaginations: Lots of activities from large-scale sculptures to film-making to storytelling and environmental conservation. Come and join us and nurture your creative side.
- Kids Arts Academy: After-school and holiday clubs for 4-15 year olds, covering art, animation and cookery.
- Princess Party Palace: Arts and crafts sessions and school holiday activity days.
- Sew in the City: Sewing tuition and guidance for boys and girls of all ages from beginners to experts. Come and get creative! Address: 119 West Bar, Sheffield, S3 8PT. Telephone 07982 494399.
- Yorkshire Artspace: Open studio sessions and activities and events with artists throughout the year.
The Old School Café (High Green Development Trust): Weekly cooking club for children aged 4-13. Plan, cook and eat amazing meals... then take some home! Phone: 07535 905054.
- A Mind Apart Theatre Company: Performing arts classes, from dance, drama, singing and costume and set designing to performance.
- Act One Drama Studio: Drama classes and workshops for 4 to 19 years.
- Amanda Holland School of Dance: Dance lessons in ballet, tap, theatre-craft, modern jazz, gymnastics, cheerleading and musical theatre. Call 0778 894860.
- City Limits Dance: Fun dance classes for all ages and abilities. First session free with a Passport to Learning.
- Constance Grant Dance Centre: Dance lessons in a whole range of styles!
- Curtain Call Performance Group: A range of activities in musical theatre, art, drama, crafts and jewellery making.
- Dancemasters: Tap dancing, Modern Jazz, Street Dance and Ballet classes for children of all ages.
- Draper’s Dance Centre: Regular dance classes catering for all levels and all ages are available in a variety of styles.
- Easy Street Theatre: Dance, drama and music tuition, rehearsal and performance for those aged 5 to 21 years.
- Excel Dance: Fun and motivating street dance classes for children aged 3 years and above, as well as life skills.
- Grow Theatre: drama, design, performance and outdoor skills for children aged 7+.
- Hype Dance Company: Community dance classes in ballet, modern, jazz, tap, contemporary and hip hop.
- Jay Love School of Dance: Mixed ability dance classes for children aged 4-18 years, and parent and child classes. Telephone 0114 2466412. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Just Dance Studios Ltd: Dance and performing arts sessions for children aged 2 years+.
- Noodle Performance Arts Limited: Performance arts classes (music, singing, dance and drama), ballet, street dance, tots classes and themed workshops.
- PerformiX: Various styles of dance, gymnastics, cheerleading, musical theatre, fitness sessions and more!
- PQA Sheffield: Pauline Quirke Academy is open in Sheffield, offering sessions in musical theatre, film and television, and comedy and drama.
- Pyjama Drama: Provide children under 7 with drama and creative play classes that are fun and exciting, explore the imagination and also develop key social skills such as confidence, concentration, co-operation and creative problem solving.
- Razzmatazz Theatre School: Tuition in dance, drama and singing from musical theatre to commercial styles of street dance and pop singing.
- Sheffield Theatres: A range of public theatre activities including workshops and an annual summer school.
- Spotlight Theatre Dance Studio: Learn a whole range of dance styles at Spotlight.
- Stagecoach Sheffield Beighton: Tuition for musical theatre – acting, singing and dance lessons.
- Stepping Out Dance School: Classes in a range of dance styles, for fun or for formal examinations.
- Stepz Dance Academy: Dance classes in a variety of styles for all ages, based in Frecheville.
- Ta Dah Dance: Dance lessons for children of all ages in a variety of styles.
- Wiggle Tots: Dance and movements classes for children aged between 12 months and 6 years.
Abbeydale Industrial Hamlet: Catch a glimpse of life at home and at work at a rural scythe and steelworks dating back to the 18th century.
Graves Gallery: Visit the home of Sheffield’s visual art collection since 1934.
Imagination Gaming: Using modern board and card games to engage and educate.
Kelham Island Industrial Museum: Explore the sights and sounds of industrial Sheffield.
Lego Innovation Studio: Workshops on the use of LEGO® kits such as Wedo and Mindstorms for children and adults.
Libraries: Various fun activities happening throughout libraries across Sheffield – please contact your local library for more details.
Manor Lodge: Whether it’s to discover the amazing story of Mary Queen of Scots’ imprisonment, or how Sheffield could have become the Potteries rather than the Steel City, come along and have fun discovering your great Sheffield Story.
Millennium Galleries: Delve deeper into Museums Sheffield's fascinating collections through the packed programme of activities and free family trails.
National Emergency Services Museum: Feel as if you're in the thick of the action and adventure!
Sheffield Cathedral Heritage Activities: A range of fantastic activities to help you explore the history of Sheffield and our fabulous Cathedral.
Weston Park Museum: Delve deeper into Museums Sheffield's fascinating collections through the packed programme of activities and free family trails.
Adventures Are Us: Multi-activity adventure learning from rock climbing and zip wires, to orienteering, high ropes and abseiling.
Awesome Walls (Sheffield): AWCC Sheffield has a cutting edge climbing wall design that factors in climbing for all walks (climbs!) of life. Whether it's your first visit or you're at competition standard we'll have something for you.
Climbing Works: World's biggest and best indoor bouldering wall.
Creative Explorer: Arts and crafts, storytelling and woodland play.
Foundry Climbing Centre: Indoor climbing activities and clubs for children aged 7 to 18 years.
Heeley City Farm: A friendly farm and environmental visitor centre with lots of activities taking place. Only structured activities such as events and trails will earn CU credits, rather than simply visiting the farm.
Longshaw Estate (National Trust): Outdoor activities such as play trails and hunts, orienteering, Forest School-type activities, climbing, abseiling, environmental and conservation talks and events. Please note only structured activities will earn CU credits.
Manor Oaks Farm: Every day there’s something to see or do for young children. Drop into the farm shop or Discovery Centre to check out what’s on today and where you can spot Big Lad our friendly Clydesdale and his animal friends.
Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust: Environmental education, sustainable and healthy living. Located at local parks, green spaces and nature reserves across Sheffield and Rotherham.
Sheffield Botanical Gardens: 2 terrific trails and a Scavenger Hunt! Available from The Little Nature Shop at the Clarkehouse entrance.
Sheffield Young Archaeologists Club: Monthly archaeology events at different venues. Telephone 0114 2325497.
Whirlow Hall Farm: Learn all about life on the farm on their farm tours, activities and open days (structured activity only).
- Active Kids at Sport Sheffield: Weekly swimming lessons, bouldering lessons and holiday camps at University of Sheffield Sports Centre.
- Academy of Self Defence: Self defence classes and martial arts circuits.
- AG Sports Coaching Group: Football coaching for children aged 3-6 and 7-15 years. More sports to come! Tel: 07824 153223.
- Arches School Sports Partnership: Sports, arts and crafts activities and school holiday camps.
- Castle Martial Arts: Lessons in martial arts to improve confidence, motivation and self-esteem.
- Chapeltown Hockey Club: Hockey training for beginners/5 year olds upwards.
- Charnock Ridgeway Junior Football Club: Junior football club for boys and girls aged 6-18 years. Telephone 07427 173764.
- Concord Sports Centre: Earn credits in all their taught lessons.
- Ecclesfield Red Rose Junior Football Club (Under 9s): Football training, coaching, matches and fun!
- English Institute of Sport, Sheffield: Earn credits at their Athletics Academy.
- Excel Martial Arts: Fun and motivating classes for all ages in freestyle karate and kick-boxing as well as life skills.
- FA Skills: Football coaching programme for children aged 5 to 11 years.
- Graves Health and Leisure Centre: lessons in swimming, gymnastics, trampolining and more!
- Greentop Circus: Have a go at all kinds of circus skills from aerial and trapeze work to juggling and walking the tightrope!
- Hallamshire Academy of Tennis: Tennis for all ages and abilities on site at Hallamshire Tennis and Squash Club, Hunters Bar.
- Hallam Cricket Club: Fun cricket coaching for boys and girls age 6+.
- Handsworth Grange Sports Centre: Sports sessions in trampolining, badminton, gymnastics, gym and holiday clubs.
- High Green Gymnastics Academy: Gymnastics club for 4-17 years, covering floor work, beam, bar and vault.
- Heeley Pool: Earn credits for taking part in their swimming lessons.
- Hillsborough Leisure Centre: Earn credits in all their taught lessons.
- Hillsborough Pumas: Junior Football Club for children aged 5 years+.
- Ice Sheffield: Earn credits in all their taught lessons.
- King Edward's Swimming Pool: Swimming lessons, and courses in lifesaving and Rookie Lifeguard.
- Kyohoon Taekwondo: Martial arts activities for children and families aged 3 years and up.
- Makenki Karate Clubs: Karate instruction for all ages at venues across Sheffield.
- Middlewood Rovers JFC: Football coaching, activities and matches for children aged 4-18 years.
- Mosborough Rugby Union Club: Training and coaching activities to develop sporting skills, develop social skills and interaction as a team player.
- NetballEds: Netball-related activities (ball skills, movement, agility and game play.
- Oakbrook Junior Badminton Club: Quality badminton coaching and competitions for all ages.
- Red Karate: Lessons for children (and adults) of all ages in karate. Sessions in multiple locations.
- RuggerEds: UK's 1st educationally based rugby coaching programme specifically designed for 3-9 year olds.
- Ponds Forge: Earn credits in all their taught lessons.
- Sheffield Academy of Excellence: Non-combat martial arts classes for children of all ages, backgrounds, cultures and ability. Address: Virgin Active Health Club, 1 Archer Road, Millhouses, Sheffield, S8 0LB. City Limits Dance Studio, 607-613 Penistone Road, Hillsborough, Sheffield, S6 2GA.
- Sheffield Diving: Learn to Dive: Olympic Springboard and Platform diving lessons at Ponds Forge.
- Sheffield Dragons: Karate, boxing and dance classes for all ages across Sheffield.
- Sheffield Ju-Jitsu Academy: Training in self-defence and confidence, for children aged 5+.
- Sheffield Sword Club: Learn fencing and other sword sports from top class coaches.
- Sheffield Life Saving Club: Learn invaluable skills in life saving and first aid.
- Sheffield Wildcats Roller Hockey Club: Roller skating and roller hockey coaching sessions for girls and boys of all ages and levels of ability.
- Sheffield Workshop Gymnastics: Gymnastics for children and young people aged 18 months to 14 years. Address: 100, Little London Road, Sheffield, S8 0UJ. Telephone 0114 2353108.
- Springs Leisure Centre: Earn credits in all their taught lessons.
- Star Strikers FC: Football training and coaching sessions with the emphasis on fun!
- State of Mind Karate and Kickboxing: Karate and Kickboxing sessions for children aged 4+, to promote anti-bullying, self-defence skills, confidence and team work.
- Steel City Aikido Junior Club: Develop skills in aikido as well as agility, flexibility, coordination and wider social skill.
- Steel City Stars: Cheerleading, Street Dance, football and boxercise in Shiregreen.
- SWFC – Community Programme: Sports and healthy life style activities for young people. Located at SWFC training ground and local schools. Telephone 0114 3240525.
- SwimRayz: Swimming and water confidence lessons for children aged up to 12 years.
- Thorncliffe Bowling Club: Free crown green bowls coaching for 7-16 year olds.
- Thorncliffe Health & Leisure Centre: Swimming lessons and more for children of all ages.
- Westfield Junior Badminton Club: Coaching sessions for all abilities in a positive, fun and safe environment. Ages 5 years+. Telephone 07783 831734.
- Westfield Sports Centre: Earn credits in all their taught lessons.
- Yong-gi Tae kwon do: Martial arts instruction for children from 5 years and upwards. Telephone 07979 718523.
- Woodhouse Juniors FC (under 7s) – Football coaching and matches for children aged 6 & 7
- Yorkshire Karate Centre: Karate training for all levels from beginner to black belt.
- ZEST: Sports and physical activity sessions as well as study support sessions for 6 to 19 year olds.
*only the structured elements of these activities are eligible for CU credits
- Am@re Spanish Club: Sing, dance, laugh, paint and learn Spanish! No previous experience needed.
- Enjunior: Fun activities in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM).
- Explore Learning Hillsborough: Develop maths and English skills in a fun, friendly environment.
- Japanese Play-group and Study Club (JPS): Japanese language education for native speakers.
- Kip McGrath Education Centre (Sheffield North): Tuition sessions in English, Maths, reading, spelling and comprehension.
- Kip McGrath Education Centre (Sheffield Central): Tuition sessions in English, Maths, reading, spelling and comprehension.
- Les Petite Poissons: Craft activities, stories, reading and writing, songs all delivered in French. Email email@example.com.
- Russian ClubOK: Russian language lessons for children aged up to 14 years. Email: CLUB_OK@yahoo.co.uk.
- Sheffield Fellowship KS2 Programme: Works with schools, parents and Sheffield Hallam University to provide English, maths and personal development support for young people in Year 5 and Year 6. Telephone 0114 2296167, mobile 07964 110843, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sheffield Fellowship New Arrivals Programme: An out of school enrichment programme that provides maths and personal development sessions to students to support their in-school learning. Telephone 0114 2296167, email email@example.com.
- Se Habla Espanol en Sheffield: Spanish school for children of Spanish speaking heritage.
- Sheffield Star Mandarin School: Provides Mandarin language, arts and fold dance tuitions to children and young people, aged 4-18 years. Held at Bartolome House, School of Law, University of Sheffield. Telephone 0114 2228447, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Speaque: High quality French and Spanish lessons for children of all ages.
- Blast Off – A launch to success: homework club offering activities in ICT, maths, science, art and design, and more! Based at The Beacon Church, Arbourthorne. Call 0114 2653145.
- Shine Health Academy: Shine stands for self help independence nutrition and exercise and provides a variety of courses and activities to help young people achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Sheffield Young Carers' Project: Offering individual and group support sessions and networks to help young carers in their caring role.
48th St James (Norton) Rainbows: Guiding activities for girls aged 5 to 7 years. Address: Chantrey Centre, Matthews Lane, Sheffield, S8 8JS. Telephone 07834 859333.
102nd Sheffield (Gleadless) Brownies and Guides: Fun, challenging and adventurous activities for girls aged 7-14 years. Address: Townend Dance Studio, Briarfield Road, S12 3LD. Telephone 07722 743383.129th Sheffield Rainbows: Activities, craft and games to challenge girls to grow in confidence and develop emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually.
48th St James (Norton) Rainbows: A group for girls aged 5-7 years to develop social skills, craft skills, singing and games. Meets at Chantrey Centre, Matthews Lane, Sheffield S8. Contact: 0114 2740293
48th St James (Norton) Brownies and Guides: A group for girls aged 7-10+ developing various skills such as first aid, fire safety, disability awareness, etc. Meets at Chantrey Centre, Matthews Lane, Sheffield, S8. Contact email@example.com (St Peter’s) Greenhill Brownies: Fun activities for girls aged 7-10 years, based around three adventures: You, Community, World. Email Claire_172@yahoo.co.uk.
183rd Sheffield Brownies: Badges, games and exciting adventurous activities. St Gabriel’s Church Hall, Dobbin Hill, Sheffield, S11 7JB. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
186th Sheffield Rainbows, Brownies and Guides: Exciting activities covering a huge range of skills for girls of all ages. Address St Catherine’s RC Primary School, Firshill Crescent, Sheffield, S4 7BX. Telephone 07863 890144.192nd Brownies: A group for girls aged 7-10 years to build friendships, have fun and learn new skills. Location: St Saviour's Church Hall, Mortomley Lane, High Green, S35 3HU. Telephone 07988 075832.
192nd Sheffield Guides: A group for girls aged 10-14 years, to develop new and existing skills, build new friendships, learn more about themselves and the world in which they live. Location: St Saviour’s Church, Mortomley Lane, High Green. Telephone 07743 337633.
10th Parson Cross Beavers, Cubs and Scouts: A diverse programme of activities for both boys and girls. Telephone 07954 782544.
25th Sheffield (Ecclesfield) Scout Group: A varied range of activities all based on Scouting’s fundamental policies, methods and rules. Address: The Scout Hut, Off Yew Lane, Ecclesfield, Sheffield, S35. Telephone 0114 2461752.
35th Sheffield (St Oswald’s, Nether Edge) Scouts: Beavers and Scouts groups for 6 to 15 year olds.
74th Oak Street (Heeley) Scout Group: Beavers, Cubs and Scouts activities for boys and girls.
82nd (Chapeltown) Scout Group: A varied and balanced programme of activities and events.
150th Sheffield Scout Group (Wadsley Church): Fun, challenging and adventurous activities for boys and girls aged 6 to 18 years.
183rd Sheffield (Hillsborough Trinity) Beavers, Cubs and Scouts: exciting activities and badge work for children aged 6 to 14 years. Contact email@example.com.
230th Sheffield (Gleadless) Scout Group: A varied and balanced programme of activities and events. Telephone 07790 615076 or 0114 2207408.
267th Dore Beavers (Wednesday night): Wide range of fun activities, visits and badge work.