Sheffield City Council
- Lord Mayor: Cllr Tony Downing
- Deputy Lord Mayor: Cllr Gail Smith
- Leader of the Council: Cllr Julie Dore
- Deputy Leader of the Council: Cllr Terry Fox
- Interim Leader of the Liberal Democrats Group: Cllr Penny Baker
- Interim Deputy Leader of the Liberal Democrats Group: Cllr Simon Clement-Jones
- Speaker for the Green Group: Cllr Douglas Johnson
Sheffield City Council Cabinet Members
- Cllr Julie Dore: Leader of the Council (Chair)
- Cllr Jackie Drayton: Cabinet Member for Children and Families
- Cllr Terry Fox: Cabinet Member for Finance, Resources and Governance (Deputy Leader)
- Cllr Mazher Iqbal: Cabinet Member for Business and Investment
- Cllr Bob Johnson: Cabinet Member for Transport and Development
- Cllr Mark Jones Cabinet Member for Environment, Streetscene and Climate Change
- Cllr Mary Lea: Cabinet Member for Culture, Parks and Leisure
- Cllr George Lindars-Hammond: Cabinet Member for Health and Social Care
- Cllr Abtisam Mohamed: Cabinet Member for Education and Skills
- Cllr Paul Wood: Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods and Community Safety
In Sheffield, there are 84 elected Councillors with 3 Councillors for each of the 28 Wards:
- Labour, 49 (including 6 Labour and Co-operative)
- Liberal Democrats, 26
- Green, 8
- Other, 1 (Independent)
Members of Parliament for Sheffield
There are 6 Members of Parliament (MPs) for Sheffield:
- Gill Furniss (Brightside and Hillsborough)
- Paul Blomfield (Central)
- Jared O’Mara (Hallam)
- Louise Haigh (Heeley)
- Clive Betts (Sheffield South East)
- Angela Smith (Penistone and Stocksbridge)
Paul Blomfield, Unit 4, Edmund Road Business Park, 135 Edmund Road, Sheffield, S2 4ED
Telephone: 0114 272 2882
- Manor Castle
- Nether Edge
Jared O’Mara MP, c/o House of Commons, Westminster, London, SW1A 0AA
Telephone: 02072 194298
- Dore & Totley
Louise Haigh, 63 Chesterfield Road, Sheffield, S8 0RL
Telephone: 0114 250 8113
- Beauchief &Greenhill
- Gleadless Valley
- Graves Park
Penistone & Stocksbridge
Angela Smith, 2 Maria House, 3 Fox Valley Way, Stocksbridge, Sheffield, S36 2AA
Telephone: 0114 283 1855
Fax: 0114 283 1850
Surgeries by appointment only. Please call 0114 283 1855.
This constituency is shared with Barnsley, only the Sheffield wards are listed below.
- East Ecclesfield
- West Ecclesfield
- Stocksbridge & Upper Don
Members of European Parliament for Yorkshire and the Humber
There are 6 Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) for Yorkshire and the Humber:
- John Longworth, The Brexit Party
- Lucy Elizabeth Harris, The Brexit Party
- Richard Graham Corbett, Labour Party
- Shaffaq Mohammed, Liberal Democrats
- Magid Magid, The Green Party
- Jake Pugh, The Brexit Party
We operate a Members' Allowances Scheme and each Member (Councillor) receives a Basic Allowance. The Scheme also includes Special Responsibility Allowances paid for particular duties.
The Scheme is set out in the Council’s Constitution.
Expenses are only reimbursed where incurred on “approved duties” and relate to travel, subsistence and dependent carers’ costs.
Councillors' allowances are published on a monthly basis and you can download and view them below.
Joint Bodies Members' Allowances
Sheffield City Council appoints Councillors to serve on joint bodies and several of those bodies also pay allowances to their Members.
Members of the South Yorkshire Pensions Authority receive allowances from their constituent authority, and details of the amount of allowances paid to the Sheffield Councillors who serve on that Authority are included in the downloadable documents below.
The South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Authority operates its own Members' Allowances Scheme.
Members of the South Yorkshire Police and Crime Panel receive an allowance of £920 per annum, paid by the host authority (Rotherham MBC).
Independent Remuneration Panel
Prior to 1 April each year, we have to agree a Members’ Allowances Scheme for the forthcoming financial year.
At least every 4 years, an Independent Remuneration Panel has to consider the Scheme and make recommendations to us. However, it is for us to decide on the Members’ Allowances Scheme that is put in place, having regard to the Panel’s recommendations.
You can download the latest report, along with the decision taken by us in response to the report.
Sheffield’s Panel comprises 4 members, drawn from the public, private, and voluntary, community and faith sectors. The present membership of the Panel and their terms of office is:
- David Baldwin, former Health Service Executive (to 06.02.19)
- Edward Fleming, former Independent Co-optee on the Standards Committee (to 06.02.20)
- Mark Power, Group Risk Manager, SIG Plc (to 06.02.21)
- one vacancy
Register of Members' Interests
Councillors are required by the Members’ Code of Conduct to register their Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and other interests.
They must also declare any gifts or hospitality which they have accepted over the value of £50 within 28 days of acceptance.
These declarations form the Statutory Register of Members' Interests which the Council has to maintain.
As part of our commitment to demonstrating that we are as open and transparent as possible, you can view Councillors’ individual register of interests and on their webpages.
The Register of Members' Interests is also open for inspection by the public during normal office hours at the Town Hall, Pinstone Street, Sheffield.