To realise the full potential of cycling to contribute to:
- the health and wealth of Sheffield
- the quality of life in our local communities
- play its part in a fully integrated transport network that will encourage reduced car usage
- alleviate congestion and ease pollution across the whole of the city
We need to change the culture of how we use our roads, so that people are not afraid to cycle or allow their children to do so. Our streets, roads and local communities, need to become places where cycling and walking are safe and normal.
We endorse the aim of the Get Britain Cycling report to see cycle use increase to 10% of all journeys in 2025 and 25% in 2050.
To help achieve this ambitious vision we have made recommendations under three broad headings:
- strong leadership
- getting the right infrastructure in place
- getting people cycling
You can download and view our Cycling Inquiry Report.