Sheffield is known as the outdoor city, so you can find plenty of groups who organise cycle rides. Cycle groups include
- Outdoor City: Ride, you can find Sheffield events, routes, cycling communities, ideas, and equipment reviews
- Ride Social, meet people to ride with and find free rides to join
- Sheffield District Cyclists’ Touring Club (CTC), enjoy a graded cycling route (including a café stop) in various locations around our region with a friendly group using the motto ‘no one is left behind’
- Immotion Events, use the map to find travel-related events in South Yorkshire
- Sheffield Friday night ride, celebrate cycling and Sheffield
- Bike Library, donate your own, or your child's, old bike to a Bike Library for loan to children and families
Remember to wear reflective clothing and use front and back lights in the dark so that drivers can see you.
Plan your route
If you need help finding your way or are looking for inspiration for a new route use:
- Cycle Streets Journey Planner
- National Cycle Network map
- Trans Pennine Trail map and trail information
- Peak District National Park cycling routes
Cycle coaching for adults
Whether you’re a new cyclist, or someone just wanting to improve their riding skills, cycle coaching courses with Pedal Ready can boost your confidence. You can borrow a bike, learn how to ride it, and learn how to fix it with Sheffield Cycle Boost’s free schemes.
Cycle training for children
Through Cycle North we run Bikeability cycle safety courses for year 5 and 6 children and Secondary school pupils. Courses are for groups of up to 24 children aged at least 10 years old.
We also have funding for Bikeability Plus Learn to ride for children who haven’t yet mastered riding a bike.