Our Recognised Provider List (RPL) allows adults in Sheffield who are looking for packages of care and support to choose from a list of providers who adhere to a clear quality framework.
The RPL quality standard mark means the care and support provider:
- has met our standards
- will be checked on a regular basis
- will aim to give you a quality service
Organisational policies, procedures and insurance levels of providers who are on the RPL have been assessed to ensure that providers meet the required quality standards. Providers can apply to be added to the RPL if they deliver care and support services to:
- older people
- learning or physically disabled adults
- adults with a sensory impairment
- mental health service users
- any other adults in Sheffield, as appropriate
If any new services are developed, after the initial application has been assessed, providers need to reapply if they want to include the additional services. Residential care homes cannot apply to be included on the RPL for private residential care. However, they can apply if they offer support packages such as day services and respite and, if successful, these services only will be included.
In order to gain Recognised Provider status and the quality mark, providers must be able to meet specific quality standards including:
- customer-focused care
- health and safety
- quality assurance
Apply to be a Recognised Provider
Providers submitting applications by:
- 31 May each year will have their applications assessed and will be informed of the decision by 1 September each year
- 30 November each year will have their applications assessed and will be informed of the decision by 1 March each year
Applications can be submitted at any time during the year and they will then be allocated to the next batch of applications to be evaluated, dependent on the time of year that the application is received.
Summary of process (May submissions):
- deadline date for application: 31 May
- assessment period: 1 June to 9 August
- date providers informed: 1 September
Summary of process (November submissions):
- deadline date for application: 30 November
- assessment period: 1 December to 8 February
- date providers informed: 1 March
Once you've read the guidance booklet and are sure you meet the criteria, you can download and complete the application form.
Please ensure that you answer all of the questions, as incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Section A requests general company information
- Section B asks about technical information
- Section C asks how the organisation meets the requirements of customers and they make sure staff are appropriately skilled
The email message you will receive upon submission of your application will be your proof of us receiving your application.
Once recognised, providers can also use the logo in relation to their services and support which are on the RPL.
A copy of the logo will be provided with the Terms and Conditions.