Our friendly and pro-active Community Support Workers are based in GP surgeries and can give you support and advice on almost anything non-medical, as long as you are not already receiving social care.
If in doubt please make a referral and we will see what we can do. If we can’t help then we will make sure that we find the person who can.
Community Support Workers can help with:
- finding out about and supporting you to join local social activities
- sourcing help in and around the home
- temporary help if someone is unwell
- finding support for carers
- planning for times of bad weather
- advice on transport options
- information on housing, health and social care
- encouragement to live an active life
- support to check benefit entitlements
Make a referral
You can refer yourself or you can refer someone you know, but you must have their permission. If you are referring someone else, please also give your own contact details. GPs and other professionals can also make referrals.
Telephone our Central Referral Hub on 0114 205 7120.
What happens next
You will be contacted by telephone by your local Community Support Worker.
They will arrange with you when to meet – either in your own home, a GP surgery or another convenient location - to discuss the help you need.