Our adoption service is part of One Adoption South Yorkshire.
The regional adoption service also includes:
- Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council
- Doncaster Children’s Services Trust
- Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
If you live in or near these areas and you're interested in adopting, contact One Adoption South Yorkshire for more information.
Visit YouCanAdopt and First4Adoption for general information on adoption.
One Adoption South Yorkshire
Our joined-up approach to delivering adoption services will:
- allow children to be placed in a more timely way
- help support you on your adoption journey
- reach a wider audience of potential adopters
- enable us to develop our services more effectively
- share good practice across the region
Our adoption staff will continue to work in our local area, with children’s social work staff, to ensure continuity of care and support for children and families.
Our priorities are to:
- place children needing adoption without delay
- place children with families able to meet their needs
- streamline the assessment and approval process for people who want to adopt
Adoption is life changing for adults and children.
One Adoption South Yorkshire provides more information for those thinking about adoption:
- who can adopt
- children who need adopting
- the adoption process
- adopter family stories
- support for families who adopt
- adoption information events