There are services available for adults and children to help you quit smoking, or to prevent you taking up smoking in the first place.
Yorkshire Smoke Free service
Formerly Sheffield Stop Smoking service, this service provides support for people who want to stop smoking.
Children and young people
The Smoke Free Children and Young People service works with children and young people in schools across Sheffield to increase their awareness of the risks of smoking and benefits of being smoke free and supports them in making the choice to live a smoke free life.
The service involves:
- training young people to become smoke free peer supporters
- tailored stop smoking service for young people through the Yorkshire Smoke Free Sheffield service
- promoting the de-normalisation of smoking
- offering smoke free sessions to parents and carers
- working to promote smoke free schools