If you are aware of a public or privately owned building or structure in Sheffield that could pose a potential hazard you can report it to us.
We will carry out an inspection and take any necessary action to sort the problem out. Examples of incidents that may cause a hazard to the public or their property are:
- badly maintained boundary or retaining walls adjacent to a general public right of way
- buildings with loose slates that may fall into the street
- unoccupied premises that may have become unsafe due to vandalism
- trees which may have become unsafe due to adverse weather conditions
However, we don’t deal with everything that is unsafe, for example:
- timber fences
- domestic garden sheds
- external parts of a building or structure that would fall into private rear gardens
Urgent out of hours' issues
If you have an urgent issue regarding the safety of a structure and this is outside of our normal working hours, please call South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service on 0114 272 7202, or South Yorkshire Police on 101.