New development has to be sustainable. The sustainability toolkit sets out Sheffield's vision in response to the National Planning Policy Framework.
In which the purpose of the planning system is to contribute to the achievement of sustainable development and that is has economic, social and environmental dimensions.
Our Core Strategy sets out a series of specific policies relating to sustainability.
5 Key Questions
Our toolkit sets out 5 broad key questions that should be the starting point when considering sustainable development.
Does the development:
- support and help revitalise the local economy?
- reinforce Sheffield's neighbourhoods and communities?
- provide a range of transport options and inclusive access?
- protect and enhance Sheffield's natural environment and resources?
- integrate high quality design and construction?