The Neighbourhood Development Framework (NDF) will guide development and regeneration in Darnall, Attercliffe and Tinsley over the next 10 plus years. The final report is available below. Some of the key proposals are:
- Redevelopment of disused land around Junction 34 to provide new employment. Work to reclaim land in this area is already underway.
- Improvements to the area around Junction 34 and along Sheffield Road and Bawtry Road to provide a better first impression to Tinsley.
- The shops at Tinsley Centre – this area will be the subject of a more detailed Action Plan.
- A site has been identified for the possible relocation of the Tinsley Infant and Junior Schools away from the M1.
- A "Green Buffer" of new tree planting and landscaping between Tinsley and the M1 to reduce the impact of noise and traffic pollution.
Darnall and Attercliffe
- New housing in several key locations across Darnall on Staniforth Road, Eleanor Street and Shirland Lane.
- Darnall and Attercliffe Waterside – the area around the Darnall and Tinsley Canal could be redeveloped as a new, high quality, mixed use housing area to support and regenerate Attercliffe Road, and offer much more choice of housing for Darnall.
- Darnall Centre – this area will be subject of a more detailed Action Plan.