Organising a community event can seem very daunting for small groups and the process can sometimes appear complex.
There are many reasons why your group might want to hold a community event, for example:
- for fun and friendship in your local community
- for publicity for your project
- to celebrate the work of your group
- to attract new members to your group
- to increase the use of your green space
- to try and involve hard to reach members of the community
- to co-ordinate a work day/make a visual impact on the area
- to help your project gain some momentum
- to provide publicity to attract funders
Guidance for organisers of small community events
We have created a set of 6 worksheets for groups who are thinking about or planning a community event in their park or green space:
- Worksheet 1: Deciding on your Event
- Worksheet 2: Essential Requirements
- Worksheet 3: Planning your Event
- Worksheet 4: Budgets and Funding
- Worksheet 5: Things to Consider
- Worksheet 6: Agreeing what needs to be Done
Smaller events, such as a community picnic, which will have little or no impact on the green space, may not need an event application.
Always check with the Events Team, who will want to make sure that your activity does not clash with any other activities taking place.
Contact us for a copy of the full information pack for community groups.