We have funding to refurbish the playgrounds in Norfolk Heritage Park from a variety of sources including S106 from Sheffield Housing Company’s Cutlers View Phase 1 Housing Development, Public Health funding and funds from the Norfolk Park Charitable account. The improvements are summarised below and can be seen on the plans on this page.
Park closure for the improvments
Please note the improvements will now be delivered on site between February and April 2018 with start on site expected Monday 12 February 2018.
The playgrounds will be closed throughout this period.
Woodland Play Area (Existing Junior Area)
The existing large wooden climbing tower structure will be removed and replaced with a brand new steel climbing structure with a fantastic range of play features. It will be on the same footprint to avoid the need for extensive new excavations which will protect the large mature trees in this area.
New equipment including a cantilever swing, climbing boulders, zip line and toddler climbing unit will be installed with bark safety surfacing. A level accessible area with synthetic carpet safety surfacing will be created in the top zone of this playground with inclusive equipment including a basket spring, disability swing, wheelchair accessible roundabout and inclusive springer. This area will be retained with a low retaining wall.
All large mature healthy trees in the playground area will be retained. Three smaller, poor quality trees will be removed.
Family Picnic and Play Space (Existing Toddler Area)
The following changes will be completed:
- the old equipment and surfacing will be removed
- the swings will be replaced and new synthetic carpet safety surfacing installed
- a small toddler bike track with road markings will be provided
- a trampoline, earth mounds and grassy banks will provide an area for younger children to run around and play.
- acoustic equipment including kettle drums and chimes will be installed
- picnic tables will be installed on the existing grassed area
- 6 new trees will be planted
- mosaics will be retained in the grassed area
- repairs will be carried out to boundary fencing in both play areas