You can now access eBooks, eAudio and eMagazines through a single app. We now also offer free eComics and graphic novels.
eBooks & eAudiobooks
How it works:
- borrow up to 10 eBooks and 10 eAudiobooks for up to 21 days, reservations count as one of your 10 loans
- if the eBook you want is already checked out, reserve it free of charge and receive an alert when it is available for you to download
- after 21 days the eBook will be automatically deleted from your device
- there are no overdue charges to worry about
Getting started with eBooks & eAudiobooks
- You will need your library card number. If you're not yet a member join online or visit a branch.
- Click onto 'eBooks and eAudiobooks' at the top of this page.
- Create an RBDigital account - you will need to click 'Register', enter your library card number and set up your RBDigital username and password.
- Browse the eBooks and eAudiobooks and checkout.
- Download the relevant mobile or desktop app from the bottom of the RBDigital website. For mobile devices a single app supports both eBooks and eAudio. For desktop computers seperate desktop apps must be downloaded.
- Login to the app using your RBDigital username and password.
How it works:
- read online or download and keep
- check out the newest issue or back issues
- enjoy unlimited checkouts
- opt-in to be notified by email when new issues are added to your magazine collection
- hundreds of titles to choose from including Hello, BBC Good Food and Total Film
Getting started with eMagazines
- Click on the 'eMagazine' button at the top of this page.
- Click the magazine cover to view magazine details of current or back issues.
- Click the 'Checkout' button and either 'Create New Account' or 'Log in'. You will need your library card number.
- Stream or download to your desktop computer, or download and login to the RBDigital app on your mobile device. Mobile apps require a downloaded editions of the magazine.
ComicsPlus: Library Edition brings unlimited access to thousands of digital graphic novels and comics to library members on any web-connected device. You can:
- check out and read titles through iOS and Android Mobile Apps
- access comics whenever you want them - no holds or waiting
ComicsPlus includes 93 publishers with over 16,000 comics.
Getting started with ComicsPlus
- Click on the 'ComicsPlus' button at the top of this page.
- 'Create a New Account' or 'Log In'. If you already have an account for eMagazines you do not need to join again.
- View comics and graphic novels online or download the ComicsPlus: Library Edition app from your app store.
- Read offline for up to 7 days.
Although many of the graphic novels and comics on ComicPlus are suitable for under 18s, some content is aimed at an adult audience. Age guidance is available for each title and parents may wish to consider using the Parental Controls found within settings.
eBooks may be downloaded onto eReader devices running Adobe Digital Editions. Our eBooks are not currently compatible with the original Amazon Kindle, however our eBooks are compatible with the Amazon Kindle Fire (HD) through the Android app.